Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Switchfoot: The Best Yet

Switchfoot
The Best Yet
Columbia/Legacy Records [2008]







Fire Drills Review:
I can fully admit that I have never been into the whole christian based rock thing so it was easy for me to dismiss Switchfoot very early on in their career. The Best Yet came to my doorstep, which I gave a fair spin and fans and non-fans should actually take listen because it represents a nice collection of their songs from all six albums and includes the track "This Is Home" from The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian [2008]. The Best Yet starts with a 1-2-3 of hits giving you "Dare You To Move", "Meant To Live", and "Stars" that tells you what Switchfoot are all about and keeps you around for the rest! This is what I get for judging a book by its cover.

Key Track: "Stars"

Band With Similar Fire: Collective Soul

Official Switchfoot Website
Switchfoot MySpace

-Reviewed by Christopher Anthony