Friday, January 23, 2009

My Morning Jacket: Live At The Palms [EP]

My Morning Jacket
Live At The Palms [EP]
iTunes [2009]








Fire Drills Review:
This iTunes exclusive digital EP may have a live title but you would never know by listening because the crowd noise has been removed. This may be a quick letdown for My Morning Jacket's huge touring following but for many this might pull you in to to check it out. The EP contains six tracks with "Dear Wife" being the only new song on the list. A key point to make about this EP is that the songs have been re-recorded and each one has been updated with some new tweaks. This simply shows that once again My Morning Jacket are the band to see live because they can take any of their catalog and make it feel fresh!

Key Track: "Dear Wife"

Band With Similar Fire: Dead Confederate

My Morning Jacket: Evil Urges [Fire Note Review 6/11/08]

Official My Morning Jacket Website
My Morning Jacket MySpace

-Reviewed by Aidan Rox