Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Set My Friends On Fire: You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter

I Set My Friends On Fire
You Can't Spell Slaughter Without Laughter
Epitaph Records [2008]







Fire Drills Review:
This duo from Miami are set to release one of the more unique records you will hear this year on Oct 7 for Epitaph that is a real mix of electronic, hardcore and pop packed into 35 minutes. Miami teenagers, Nabil Moo and Matt Mihana became an overnight hit with a rock/screamo cover of Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat", which attracted over 50,000 plays per day on MySpace, then they caught the attention of Epitaph label owner Brett Gurewitz. Their style and approach are unique to the genre while still being catchy plus Matt can really sing, which all combine for a memorable experience.

Key Track: "Things That Rhyme With Orange"

Band With Similar Fire: Silverstein

Official I Set My Friends On Fire Website
I Set My Friends On Fire MySpace

-Reviewed by Robyn Gatsby